Sunday, April 8, 2012

April 2; IKEA love

Day 57
I love IKEA for 5 reasons: the food, showroom, awesome random stuff, it's a nice place to chill, and it reminds me of (500) Days of Summer.
Tanjin, Kristie, and I decided to venture off to Beijing’s very own IKEA. As excited as we were to get there, we momentarily diverged from our path to furniture to take a stroll around a nearby park. There were people flying kites and construction workers who were making the park pretty.
Camping? Yes please! If I can't get my rooftop party, I wanna have a campfire.
I can’t wait to come back when the flowers start blooming and there’s water in the little rivers.

Our first stop in IKEA was the washroom. Western toilets? Check. toilet paper? Check. Soap? Check. Overall cleanliness? Check. IKEA definitely meets western standards. 
you can charge your cell phone!
How convenient. 

Our first real stop in IKEA was the restaurant. It was so crowded, but it wasn’t too difficult to find a table because the restaurant was huuuge compared to Toronto’s.
Organic spinach and cheese pancakes with garden salad = 20 RMB
So goooood!

With our stomachs full, we went off to explore: we tested out the sofas, role played in the home offices, and tested out the bedrooms and even had Chinese families walk by and watch us.
like a boss. Oh TanG.
Greendale human!
We reunited with the other girls and foreign teachers for Japanese food in WDK.
Vegetable Soba Noodles  = 22 RMB
oishii! (Japanese for delicious)
Fact: I love IKEA no matter where it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment